Thursday, October 9, 2008

9 October 2008

Hello again from Camp Shelby, Mississippi. Hope all is going well for you guys back at home. Today we are sending 20 more soldiers to IWQ, Individual Weapons Qualification, to shoot their M4 rifles. Other than that there is not much going on here today. The Stryker crews will be at the motor pool this morning for commo checks, vehicle maintenance, and FBCB2 checks.


Today's soldier of the day is SPC Richard Wilson. SPC Wilson is the XO's Radio Telephone Operator and is an administrative assistant to SSG Johnson. Lets here what he has to say;
I would like to say hello to my wife, Natalie, and I hope you are having a great day at work! So far the training down here seems to be moving along smoothly, with plenty of downtime for the soldiers. As for me, I spend most of my day working on the computer updating our electronic records, and driving soldiers to the Troop Medical Clinic for some appointments. The days are busy, so time is moving along at a fairly fast pace. Thanks to the loyal readers for stopping in, and have a good day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Speed Bravo Company. Thank you all for your service. Best wishes from Erie, PA .It's great you can blog the experience so more Americans can see and hear what typical military life is like. Keep safe.

Unknown said...

I hope this blog keeps going, it's great to hear what you guys are up to. Though its sounds like you are pretty relaxed right now. 8^P Enjoy it and remember that you guys have friends watching over you. Best wishes.

Natalie K-W said...

I love you,SPC Richard Wilson!

Bob said...

Forrest,

I'm sharing this with my colleagues. Hope you keep this blog going -- I enjoy checking in from time to time.

Spc Andrew Parkin's Mom said...

Hello,
I'm Mary Parkin, I am Andrew's mom, I met you at the picnic and again when you dropped Andrew off at my mom's house after paint balling. I hope things are going well for you. Do me a favor and keep Andrew in line for me, since I can't be there to do it myself. lol Take care of yourself.