Tuesday, October 21, 2008

21 October 2008.....Last Blog

Good evening,

I am First Sergeant Bickerstaff and I want to express my thanks and gratitude to all of you faithful followers and proud supporters of the PA Army National Guard. We are in the process of undertaking a very large endeavor as you all well know. I wanted to maximize this experience for all to share in our daily training both in the positive and negative light as seen through the eyes of the soldiers in Bravo Company.
I have the soldiers and their families best interest at heart and we try to provide them every opportunity to keep their loved ones and friends informed and up to date. With that being said I need to devote 110% of my attention to their training, supplies, meals, mental and emotional stability and the most important their safety.
When this blog was started I put into place what I thought was a fail safe system of checks and balances to ensure sensitive information or information of a need to know basis would not be released. However with the multitude of information we deal with on many different levels on a daily basis I realized that it is not possible.
I sincerely apologize and regret to announce this blog site will no longer be in operation. The company e-mail address is and will remain active. If you have questions or concerns you can feel free to contact us and we will address them as promptly as operational tempo permits.
Sincerely,
James P. Bickerstaff
1SG, USA
B1-112

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1Sgt. Bickerstaff and all:
Be Safe. God Speed.
Totally understandable but we shall miss the blogging.
Thank you for your service.
We will remember you all each and every day.
Sincerely,
An A.F. TechSgt.'s Mother here in Erie,PA

b. said...

We absolutely understand and are so appreciative of everything that you've done for us to date. Best of luck to you and be well.

Linda Jones said...

I FOR ONE WILL MISS THIS INFO BLOG...I COUNTED ON IT TO BE INFORMED ON WHAT WAS HAPPENING WITH MY SOLDIER...IT WAS INTERESTING FOR MY HUSBAND AND I TO READ..MY HUSBAND IS A VIETNAM VET AND WASNT ALLOWED ALL THIS TECH STUFF WHEN HE WAS IN..SORRY TO SEE IT GO. LINDA AND JACK JONES OUR SON IS E3 DUSTIN JONES

Unknown said...

Thank you for your service. Your posts will be missed, however your reasons are understandable and applaudable....
Godspeed to you and your company!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...