Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday 30 September

Hello again from Camp Shelby. Operations are beginning to flow very smoothly here. The mail is coming and going daily and the soldiers receiving both mail and email are very excited to do so. For those who need the addresses here they are again;


or

SGT John Doe

B. Co 1/112th INF SBCT

Bn CQ Bldg 2903

Camp Shelby, MS 39407-1000


The platoons have taken up an area beautification process. First platoon has set up a nice display of rocks surrounding their barracks. Third platoon has also done some rock formations. Third platoons spelled 1/112 and B-3 in the rocks surround their barracks. HQ Plt has set out mums and decorative stones ti make their area feel like home. The platoons are also doing PT daily. Some of the platoons are doing PT as a squad while some are doing it as a whole platoon.


There has been more SGST and SCE training conducted today. SGST is Stryker Gunnery Skills Training and SCE is Stryker Crew Evaluator. The crews leave for Stryker Gunnery on the night of October 4th and will be in the field till October 7th. Tonight at 5:45, 6:45 PA time the men of Bravo Company are going to a brief at the post theater.


Today's soldier of the day is PV2 Dustin Jones. Dustin lives in Fleetville, PA and is 22 years old. Dustin formerly worked at Dick's Sporting Goods in Dixon City. Dustin enjoys playing sports in his free time and is our currently serving as the armorer for Bravo Company. This makes him responsible for all of Bravo Company's weapon systems. Here is what he has to say;

I would just like to thank my friends and family for giving me support in this drastic change in my life. I would like to say hi to my mom and dad and i love them and miss them and to my best friends Buddy and Bri ill be home on x-mas and we will kick it old school style and we will live the dream.

3 comments:

Linda Jones said...

We are so proud of our son PV2 Dustin Jones. You are already living the dream in our eyes. We love and miss you and can't wait to see you at Christmas. You have come so far in your life and we expect you to go all the way to the top. Love you Linda Jones (MOM)

jenny81 said...

Hey Bro! Congrats!! I can't wait to see you at Christmastime. Keep your chin up. I love you! I'm thinking of you always!!
Love,
Your sis, Jenn

Anonymous said...

Dustin..aka "Pugs"
You are my best friend,my other half but most u r my hero...i am so proud of you it's unbelievable..i love you so much and im counting down the days till i could see your face again..
Love you!!
Brianna=)